From Malibu to Miami, beach lovers across the country are one and the same; they love the sun and the sand and the surf. Nothing beats grabbing your floppy hat and sunglasses and heading out for a day of relaxation with the sound of waves crashing in the background. If you have a beach lover on your gift list, check out the ten items below:
1. Give the beach comber something to listen to while they soak up the rays. iPods are portable, store tons of music and can be purchased almost anywhere nowadays. Target has the iPod Shuffle starting at just $49.99.
2. If you want the beachgoer to be able to secure that iPod (along with other valuables) while he or she takes a dip in the water, purchase the Vacation Vault. It costs $24.95, is available from corporatetravelsafety.com and is a small and sturdy safe. With its 3 dial combination and ability to lock onto something (such as a beach cart), the recipient on your list won’t have to worry about his or valuables. Another option is the Waterproof Bag and Waistpack by Aloksak for $19.95 which allows you to take your valuables with you into the water.
3. Toting the things you need for the beach can be a pain without the proper gear. Purchase a beach cart from beachmart.com. The website’s bestseller is the $49.95 Deluxe Wonder Wheeler Beach Cart. It holds a beach umbrella, a 48quart cooler, 4 chairs, and has a large cargo area for any other gear. It folds up flat, but is sturdy and efficient enough to carry up to 100 pounds of gear!
4. If your friend brings a friend to the beach with them, they’ll need something to keep them entertained. Smashball was always the game of choice when we were kids and still seems to be a popular choice. Myultimateboards.com sells the paddles and trademark blue ball for only $8.62.
5. Help the beach lover tote their refreshments in style. The Picnic at Ascot Santa Barbara Beach Backpack is a cooler and backpack all in one. It’s insulated and waterproof and costs $24.95 at swimoutlet.com. It’s also very stylish; it comes in a smooth olive color with coordinating stripes.
6. Staying cool at the beach is a priority for the beach lover. Help reduce the rays (and wrinkles) by purchasing a Cush’n Shade from beachstore.com. The Cush’n Shade is just what it sounds like; a cushion to lay your head on and a shade to provide shade cover for your face. It’s portable, comes in 3 different colors and costs $27.99.
7. Purchase a Beach Bum or Beach Babe t-shirt at cafepress.com. (There are many beach themes and/or phrases to choose from, those are just two of the examples.) Sweatshirts are also available on the website and your order won’t set you back more than $20 or $40.
8. A fashionable and unisex beach bag is a great find. LL Bean offers an abundance of options when it comes to bags. LL Beans bags are canvas, easy to tote, come in many colors and can be personalized. They start at under $20 and go up from there, depending on size and personalization.
9. Speaking of personalization, personalizationmall.com sells embroidered beach towels in vibrant colors that any beach lover will covet. The plush towels can be personalized with the beach lover’s initials or full name. You won’t spend more than $30 for this unique twist on a traditional beach item.
10. And finally, the beach comber needs something to comb through when they aren’t listening to music or people watching. Purchase a book for the recipient on your list; get a light read or a page turner, or even a few magazines. You know this person best, think about what they would enjoy reading while passing a few lazy hours under the sun. (You can always throw the book in the tote or wrapit in the towel to combine two gifts at once!